Sunday, June 5, 2011

Project

I'm doing most of my project based on my choice novel, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. However, I noticed that parts of this project ties in with several other works that we've read. I did my own mini-multigenre project, and one thing that I did was make a powerpoint and do research about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It has a part in my choice novel, and it also potentially is a part of Slaughterhouse Five. I also made a little book with a bunch of quotes from Charlie, the main character, that tell about his struggle through adolescence and his feeling of being an outsider. It's all about coming of age for him, and that's definitely a theme in Persepolis, too. Obviously, being an outsider is also a major theme of the class and is involved in everything that we've read in College Lit. The book is written through notes from Charlie to an anonymous recipient, so I also responded to a couple of Charlie's letters as I would expect this person to respond, helping him through the struggles of being a teenager.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I think about it, Perks of Being a Wallflower definitely fits in with many of the themes that we touched on in class. Some of them are the investigation of the other and growing up. Comparing what we did in class to Perks makes me think about how even the most bizarre stuff we did relates to real life.

    ReplyDelete